ICICI Bank has an agreement with Google to allow users to issue FASTag using Google Pay. Now, Google Pay users able to order, track and recharge ICICI Bank FASTags. The statement makes ICICI Bank the first bank to join hands with Google Pay.
ICICI Bank allows users to issue FASTag using Google Pay. Previously, purchasing one directly from the Google app was not possible. The new agreement allows users to conveniently order, track, and recharge ICICI Bank FASTags from the app itself. The government has made January 1, 2021, the new date for adding FASTags to vehicles. This makes competition for Paytm, which currently issues FASTags from the app which is quite a popular choice for many customers.
FASTag is an electronic toll collection policy, regulated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). FASTag allows people to drive through the highway with charges are deducted from the prepaid or bank account without bothering about change or stopping on the toll plazas.
So, how users buy a FASTag from Google Pay using the ICICI Bank as an option
• Open the Google Pay app.
• Tap on ICICI Bank FASTag under Businesses.
• Tap on the Buy new FASTag option.
• Enter your PAN card details, registration certificate (RC) copy, vehicle number, and address details.
• Verify your mobile number through OTP.
• Proceed for payment.
• Order gets placed once the payment is done.
• FASTag delivered to the home, and then paste it in your car. Recharge it when you start traveling outside the city.